Strain: Lemon Cherry Gelato
Product Type: Flower, Indica Leaning Hybrid
Grower: Fields Family Farms
Cultivation Type: Indoor
Dominant Terpene: Caryophyllene
Price: $30 1/8th
WeedSociety’s Lemon cherry gelato strain review
Lemon Cherry Gelato from Fields Family Farmz gets 4.8 buds out of 5 buds!! You should definitely try this weed!
Introduction & Lineage of Lemon Cherry Gelato:
Lemon cherry gelato is a prevalent strain in the legal and black markets here in California. Leafly reports that the BackPack Boys first bred Lemon Cherry Gelato by crossing Sunset Sherbert with Girl Scout Cookies(GSC). Weedmaps claims that it is actually a three-way cross, including Lemon haze, explaining the citrus nose of this flower. This strain’s dominant terpene is Caryophyllene which makes sense because that is also the dominant terpene found in GSC.
This specific Lemon Cherry Gelato crop from Fields Family Farmz has a deep green color mixed with swatches of dark purple throughout the bud structure, finishing the appearance with long reddish-orange pistils. These buds have a high trichome density and look primarily intact. You can tell that the buds have been hand-trimmed and well taken care of, with some sugar leaf still intact.
The first smell of this Lemon Cherry Gelato when opening the bag is a very dominant sweet, almost sour aroma of cherry and citrus. I equate the smell to cherry limeade from sonic with a little bit of sour patch kid mixed in. The citrus notes are a mix between lemons and limes without the bitterness; after grinding the buds down, the smell changes to include some more dank, bitter, pungent, almost fuel-like notes.
After Grind Notes:
After grinding, you can see the purple really present itself and notice that these buds break apart very nicely. This weed has been dried and cured to perfection, as the stems have a very clean snap to them, and the buds break apart well; they don’t crumble down to powder or have excess moisture making them tear rather than break.
The smoke from this crop of lemon cherry gelato is exceptionally smooth and clean. There isn’t any hint of heat in the back of the throat, and large milky hits from the bong are easy to manage. The taste of smoke on the tongue is very light, with no bitterness or lingering aftertaste. The smoke leaves a soft film over the tongue but is smooth and not minerally.
This is a delicious weed that you can tell Fields Family Farmz took the time to grow, dry, and cure well.
Lemon Cherry Gelato Terpenes & Effects:
Doing some research on weed maps and leafy, we see that Lemon cherry gelato is a very popular strain, with people reporting the high to be euphoric, tingly, and relaxed.
“Medical marijuana patients often choose Lemon cherry gelato when dealing with symptoms associated with anxiety, pain, and stress.” – Leafly.
Weedmap’s top reported effects from its users are relaxed, happy, and sleepy. With the flower having notes of lemon citrus and sweetness.
Leafly also reports that Caryophyllene is the dominant terpene present; from our research at WeedSociety, we have found that Caryophyllene provides these unique properties:
- beta-Caryophyllene is a terpene found in many plants, including cannabis, and has a spicy, woody, and balsamic aroma.
- Caryophyllene is the only known terpene to interact with the human body’s endocannabinoid system by binding to CB2 receptors.
- Research suggests that beta-caryophyllene may have therapeutic effects such as anti-inflammatory properties and protection against traumatic brain injury; its potential for treating addiction disorders also shows promise.
- Studies indicate that Caryophyllene may have cardioprotective, hepatoprotective, and gastroprotective effects when taken in high doses or concentrations.
- Cannabis strains like GSC, Bubba Kush, Sour Diesel, Chemdogand Candyland contain higher amounts of beta-caryophyllene than other varieties of marijuana, which may be beneficial for those seeking relief from inflammation or anxiety.