Product Type: Flower, Indica Leaning Hybrid
Grower: Fields Family Farmz
Cultivation Type: Indoor
Dominant Terpene: Caryophyllene
Price: $35 1/8th
Oreoz from Fields Family Farmz gets 4.5 buds out of 5 buds!! You should try this weed if you get the chance!
Introduction & Lineage:
Oreoz has been a strain that has popped across the legacy and legal markets, Weedmaps claims it is a cross of Cookies and cream with Secret Weapon. Although the original breeder is unknown, this strain has won awards across the US, even taking 1st place in the 2021 High Times Medical Cup in Oklahoma.
This specific Oreoz crop from Fields Family Farmz has a deeper green color mixed with large patches of dark purple throughout the bud structure, finishing the appearance with long reddish-orange pistils. These buds have a high trichome density and look primarily intact. You can tell that the buds have been hand-trimmed and well taken care of, with some sugar leaf still intact. This flower has so many trichomes on its exterior that it hides just how purple this bud actually is.
The first smell of this Oreoz when opening the bag is a very clean “grass free” smell of earthy light tobacco spice with hints of cream. It isn’t as loud as their Lemon cherry Gelato, but you can definitely tell its quality weed that has been taken of. After grinding the buds down, the smell changes to include some more floral notes but overall pretty mellow.
After Grind Notes:
After grinding, you can see the purple really present itself and notice that these buds break apart very nicely. This weed has been dried and cured to perfection, as the stems have a very clean snap to them, and the buds break apart well; they don’t crumble down to powder or have excess moisture making them tear rather than break.
The smoke from this crop of Oreoz is smooth and clean just like all the other Fields Family Farmz flower I have ever tasted. There isn’t any hint of heat in the back of the throat, and large milky hits are easy to manage. The taste of smoke on the tongue is very light, with no bitterness or lingering aftertaste. The smoke leaves a soft film over the tongue but is smooth and not minerally.
This is a delicious weed that you can tell Fields Family Farmz took the time to grow, dry, and cure well.
Oreoz Terpenes & Effects:
Doing some research on Weedmaps and leafy, we see that Oreoz is a newer popular strain, with people reporting the high to be relaxing, hunger inducing and happy.
“Medical marijuana patients use Oreoz to help relieve symptoms associated with appetite loss, insomnia, chronic stress and depression.” – Leafly
Weedmap’s top reported effects from its users are relaxed, euphoric, and hungry. With the flower having notes of earthy, woody, and sweet.
For me this was a high that felt like I had a clear head and more body high oriented but I noticed that I was pretty forgetful while high. I was in charge of giving directions while riding in the car and I missed calling out turns three times, which is really abnormal for me. So I agree that Oreoz made me feel happy, hungry, but it also made me feel spacey and care free.
From the Weed Library:
Leafly also reports that Caryophyllene is the dominant terpene present; from our research at WeedSociety, we have found that Caryophyllene provides these unique properties:
- beta-Caryophyllene is a terpene found in many plants, including cannabis, and has a spicy, woody, and balsamic aroma.
- Caryophyllene is the only known terpene to interact with the human body’s endocannabinoid system by binding to CB2 receptors.
- Research suggests that beta-caryophyllene may have therapeutic effects such as anti-inflammatory properties and protection against traumatic brain injury; its potential for treating addiction disorders also shows promise.
- Studies indicate that Caryophyllene may have cardioprotective, hepatoprotective, and gastroprotective effects when taken in high doses or concentrations.
- Cannabis strains like GSC, Bubba Kush, Sour Diesel, Chemdogand Candyland contain higher amounts of beta-caryophyllene than other varieties of marijuana, which may be beneficial for those seeking relief from inflammation or anxiety.